A few weeks ago, we found out in our ultrasound that we were having a girl. We are so excited about a Sharp girl, but we would appreciate your prayers. When we returned to the doctor last week, the report showed a potential heart defect/problem. We don't know yet if this will be a real problem at all, and if it is, what it will mean or what it will entail, but we are pretty scared and we don't know what to expect. Right now we are doing a lot of praying ourselves and are trying to trust that God will do His perfect will in our family's future.
One of my favorite things about the spring is the baccalaureate celebration that takes place the week before graduation. I love the chance to see my seniors in their caps and gowns and to praise God for their arrival to the finish line. For every year since I can remember, I've listened to Western's Select Choir perform the song "Showing Us the Way" by Michael V. Ficocelli. When I was a senior, I even got to sing it at my own baccalaureate. That year, and every year since I have taught at Western, I get choked up listening to the perfectly fitting lyrics of this song. Tonight, on a perfect evening at the Cascades Falls, tears ran down my face as I watched the seniors I taught sing the words of this song to their classmates, parents, teachers, and friends. I smiled and cried a little more as I realized that someday there's a good chance I'll be watching my own kids sing it at their baccalaureate. I had to share it with you. This isn't Western's...
In my litany of blunders and obstacles the past couple of weeks, I twisted my ankle mid-run today. It was painful, but luckily I was able to at least get back to the school on it; first hobble-running, than somewhat-normally jogging. Tonight, it is less painful than I imagined it would be, although it is still definitely stiff and sore. The swelling seems to be minimal as well. All in all, it wasn't too bad -- absolutely not as bad as it could have been. I can still run and walk on it and I wasn't stranded in the middle of nowhere. God looks out for me in the midst of crummy circumstances, and for that I am grateful. Thank God is wasn't too bad! L ord, thank you for looking out for me. Thank you for being good when my circumstances aren't. Thank you for all of your blessings. In your name I pray, Amen.
Comments