I've had a couple of Spring Arbor University students in my classroom since the start of the school year, observing me. It's really no big deal, as all teacher education students must spend a certain number of hours observing in a classroom of their major or minor before they can become candidates for student teaching. I will say, however, that every time I look to the back of my room and see them furiously scribbling notes in their binders, I wonder if I'll be the center of discussion at the next Methods Course meeting, like "Oh my gosh, you wouldn't believe what this teacher I was observing at Western High School did. What. A. Freak." Anyhoo, these particular students are on the cusp of their student teaching experience and must teach 2 lessons in my classes before they can meet all of the requirements. So, they both went today. The first taught 3rd and 4th hour, the second took 5th and 6th hour. They were terrific. Both students were...
Comments