Day 14 -- The Alma Sweatpants

Oh, glorious sweatpants!

My infamous Alma Sweatpants are just your typical gray cotton sweatpants.  Nothing special, really.  They are old, for sure.  I got them in the fall of 2003.  But I am so thankful for them today!

Theses notorious sweatpants were also the source of our first marital discord. I wore the soccer apparel sweatpants for 15 days straight at the beginning of my marriage.  My new husband demanded that I take them off...so that they could be washed.  I didn't want to, but in order to regain my husband's trust in my ability to take care of my personal hygiene, I relented.

When they came out of the dryer, they were warm and soft and it just made me love them that much more.

Today, this first day back to school after the break, I had my dress clothes on from 6 am to 8:30 pm. That's almost 15 hours of dress clothes. Over break, I had taken my ability to lounge in sweatpants for as long as I pleased for granted.

I came home, made dinner, did some cleaning, and then -- SWEATPANTS.  Holy comfort, Batman! 

Oh, glorious sweatpants, how I missed you today.

Today, I am thankful for my sweatpants.  It might sound strange or idiotic to you, but if you know me at all, you know how much my Alma sweats mean to me.  And I think they are a perfect fit for day 14.

Thank God for the Alma Sweatpants!

Lord, thank you for the ability to come home and get comfortable after a long day.  Thank you for the Alma sweatpants--both for the comfort they bring and for the memories they surface.  Thanks for getting me through this long day in one piece, and for allowing me to see your blessings even when I am faced with tough situations.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this post. Mostly because I have them too! They are certainly amazing sweatpants. :)

Love your posts, Al!

Brandi
Unknown said…
Alaina! I have a Western pair from about 2005 (coaching). Wearing them now!! Josh hates them. hehe! I put them on as soon as I get home too! Love it!!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!