Day 72 -- Homemade Pickles

Today was our final day of MME testing at Western High School.  Our testing coordinator and guidance counselor  always brings in homemade goodies for those of us who help with giving and facilitating the tests.  She makes the world's best zucchini bread, homemade jam, banana muffins, and homemade pickles.  I love how she grows the ingredients in her garden makes everything from scratch, and then even cans at home.  It's so earthy and green, and I wish I could be more like that.

The pickles are especially delightful.  They are crisp, tart, and delicious.  My favorite part is that they are packed in quart-size Mason jars with the stems still on.  I won't lie to you, I look forward to the homemade pickles every year. 

It's really not fair.  She is the one who does all the work, yet she thanks all of us for what we do during testing by bringing in these treats.  What a sweetie!  Those homemade pickles made my day today.

Thank God for homemade pickles!

Lord, thank you for this small delight today and for the person who was thoughtful enough to make them for us.  Thank you for letting me work on a staff of kind, caring people.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!