Day 205 -- Surprise Get-Together

Tonight, we had a BIG get-together.

At first, it was just going to be Colby and I and the kids.  A typical weekday night.

Then, we offered to babysit a very sweet 18 month-old.  Add on a very cute little boy to the mix.

Then, my aunt and uncle said that they would come over.  They brought their daughter and her friend.

Their oldest daughter works at Tractor Supply Company and came over after work.

My dad was in town and stopped in for a visit and to spend the night before heading to my grandparents' house tomorrow.

My brother and sister-in-law came over after dinner and joined the fun.

Yeah...I think that's it.

For one solid, glorious hour, we were all on my back porch together -- talking, laughing, feeling the energy and joy of being with family.  It was wonderful.  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to happen nearly enough.  I am so thankful for the surprise chance to be all together.

Thank God that we were all together!

Lord, thank you for family and for the unexpected chance to be all together.  Thank you for these fun time and for these special people who fill my life with joy.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Suzanne Gibbs said…
It was a BLAST!!! What fun!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!