Day 518 -- A Little Appreciation

This week has not been especially kind to us teachers.  It's been the seniors' last days and we have put up with pranks, interruptions, last minute grade verifications, and the like.  I have had seniors in my room every day freaking out about something or another, dropping off books in the middle of my other classes, and demanding to have things graded right away so they will know how their grades are effected (seriously).  It's been an exhausting, irritating, thankless week.

This morning, within 10 seconds of sitting down at my computer, I heard a knock on my door.  I sighed heavily as I imagined a student needing help with something or needing to make-up something they missed.  I was surprised to see next year's student council president standing at the door with a pot of beautiful white tulips.  She came in and said that she just wanted to show me how much she appreciated me helping with student council this year.  She gave me a hug and left.

I thought that made my morning, but it got even better.  The girls' varsity softball coach asked for each member of her team to write a thank you card to someone at school that they appreciated.  I got two very nice notes from softball players today, each expressing gratitude for the things I do as a teacher. 

In the middle of this crazy week, I can't tell you how much it meant to feel this appreciation.

Thank God for a little appreciation!

God, thank you for a little encouragement when I really needed it today.  Thank you for helping me through a very difficult week.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!