Day 628 -- Party Rock Anthem

Tonight, the girls and I were all in the van, headed to Battle Creek for gymnastics, when "The Drive at 5" came on the radio.  This evening's song?  "Party Rock Anthem" by LMFAO.

Both of my girls love this song.  They squealed in delight, sang every lyric of the chorus with gusto, and danced as wildly as possible, given the constraints of their car seats.

It was hard to look back in the rear view mirror and not crack up.

Even after a long day, even driving in rush hour traffic, even when I'm hungry and grouch and tired --my girls still manage to make me smile with the simplest things.  They even got me to dance and sing, which was an instant lift to my spirits.

Thank God for "Party Rock Anthem"!

Lord, thank you for music that you can't help but dance to.  Thank you for my girls, who are always there to make me smile -- or sing or dance.  Thank you for the lift they gave me today.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!