Day 637 -- Hey Soul Sister!



Today I was leaving to pick up the kids at day care when "Hey, Soul Sister" by Train came on the radio.  I had a lot on my mind and was feeling overwhelmed.  But, I love that song.  As soon as it came on, I broke out into a giant grin and started singing a long, belting out the lyrics, most of which I didn't know, exactly.  As I was sitting at the light, waiting to turn right onto M-60 from Reynolds Rd, I was singing and car-seat-dancing.  A couple of guys passed by me on M-60, waving and laughing at me, good naturedly.  I guess I was having a noticeably good time jamming to one of my favorite songs.  As I made the turn to pick up my kids, it was like a switch had flipped.  Hearing "Hey, Soul Sister" was somehow all I needed to niraculously go from anxious and irritable to happy and carefree.  It helped me be in a better state of mind -- making me capable of having a great night with my kids.  I am so thankful that God knew exactly what I would need to save my evening.

Thank God for "Hey, Soul Sister!"

Lord, thank you for saving my night.  Thank you for the simple ways you can instantly turn things around in the most simple and/or unusual ways.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!