Day 665 -- Calvin and Hobbes

Breslin reads every night for school.  Tonight we stumbled upon an old Calvin and Hobbes anthology, Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat.  Breslin wanted to read it, so I let him.  I kept overhearing him chuckle as I read to AJ on the couch across the room, and every time I looked at him, he had a little smirk on his face.   Now before you judge me too harshly, Calvin and Hobbes IS reading.  It requires a lot of good reading skills to navigate through the stories and the dialogue contains some pretty hefty vocabulary words.

At one point he came over to me and asked me to read a part to him.  It was a couple of frames in which Calvin and Hobbes were trying to determine who had sent Calvin a letter in the mail.  Hobbes says, "Maybe it's from a girl," at which point Calvin totally flips out and says, "A GIRL!  GAHHHH!   Doesn't the Post Office screen ANYTHING anymore?"

Breslin dissolved into a fit of uncontrollable giggles and performed spontaneous reenactments of the scene for the rest of the evening.

I am a huge, huge Calvin and Hobbes fan, so not only was I grateful for a chance to read a bit tonight, but I am truly thankful that my son seems to be gaining an appreciation as well. 

Thank God for Calvin and Hobbes!

Dear God, thank you for fun things to read that make us smile and laugh.  Thank you for a good night with my kids and for the opportunity to share things I love with them.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Jim said…
That's AWESOME!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!