Day 676 -- Last Day of XC

I love coaching cross-country, but it adds another dimension of business to my life in the fall.  And this season has been an especially long season, it seems. It was a good season, too, without a doubt.  We had a lot of great kids that I got to know very well and we made some huge improvements over the past several seasons. Today, however, as I stood shivering on the cold, windy course, I was happy to realize that tomorrow, I won't have any cross-country obligations.  No emails to send, no registrations to process, no splits or results to enter, no practices to plan, no athletes in my room 30 seconds after the bell to release from 7th hour.  I will miss my teams, but for at least a while I am grateful that I get a break from the craziness of being in season.  I am looking forward to leaving school at a somewhat normal time and getting my Saturdays back. 

Thank God for the last day of cross-country!

Lord, thank you for breaks...even from things we enjoy.  Thank you for the chance to take some time out from coaching and for the extra time being out of season will allow me to spend with my family doing things that I very much enjoy doing.  Thank you for a great season and for a great group of athletes this year.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!