Day 1027 -- Hold On

Hold on to what is good
even if it is
a handful of earth.

Hold on to what you believe
even if it is
a tree which stands by itself.

Hold on to what you must do
even if it is
a long way from here.

Hold on to life 
even when it is 
easier letting go.

Hold on to my hand 
even when
I have gone away from you.
hold on to what is good - nancy wood - 1974
I have always loved this poem inspired by an old pueblo prayer, and I stumbled upon it again this evening. I am so thankful that I did. 

I so desperately needed to be reminded to cling to what is good.  I so desperately needed to be reminded to hold on in the midst of chaos and discouragement. Because there is so much good all around me: a warm safe home, a good, kind husband, a sleepy kindergartner in my arms, a kiss goodnight from my son.

There are days when the ins and outs I everyday life make you want to just give up; days where things seem pointless or when I seem like an entirely hopeless case.  Sometimes being brave means holding on.

Thank God for helping me to hold on!

Lord thank you for these inspiring words and for giving me the strength to press on, hold on. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!