Day 1061-- Thanksgiving Caroling

On the way up to my mom and Bob's house for Thanksgiving, Colby and I tuned in to home.fm, who started playing all Christmas music that morning.

All the way up to Holt, the five of us sang loudly and with reckless abandon.  We may have butchered the second verse to "Jingle Bells", but no one sang it with more gusto than we on this day.

I love how my kids give themselves over entirely to music.  I am thankful for the opportunity to see their faces light up each time a new Christmas song came on that they could sing to.  I am grateful for the chance to teach them songs to cherish like I do.

Our spontaneous sing-a-long breathed life into our ride north and gave me a whole 'nother reason to be thankful before our meal ever began.

Thank God for some Thanksgiving caroling!

Dear Lord, thank you for my family and for the way they enjoy singing with me.  Thank you for our time of singing together today.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!