Day 1069 -- Pie in the Face

Today, I participated in the WHS "Pies for Patients and Peace" fundraiser to benefit the Allegiance Hospice programs.

Yeah, that means that I got pied in the face.

Twice.

By students.

It was actually really fun though, mostly because the students were so geeked about it.  There were five of us teachers who the kids had paid to pie, and the anticipation in the air before the pies flew made the cafeteria electric.

You can read about the story from the Jackson Citizen Patriot here.

Even though I smelled like whipped cream the rest of the day, and found myself picking it out of my hair and eyebrows at the most unlikely times, I am thankful that I got to be a part of it.  It was incredibly refreshing to see the students contributing to to a good cause -- even more so to see their energy and enthusiasm as they did.

Thank God for a pie in the face!

Lord, thank you for a fun way to raise money for a good cause.  Thank you for a chance to see my students in an encouraging light today.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!