Day 1085 -- Sledding

We made it to great-grandmommies yesterday, despite the snow and ice.  I guess one thing I could say that I am thankful for right off the bat would be that we made it safely.  Although the Weather Channel made it sound like we would be battling treacherous roads all the way, it wasn't really too bad.

It was incredibly relaxing, as it normally is, to hang out in my grandparents comfortable and cozy living room.  Before we knew it, the kids were opening an assortment of Christmas presents from underneath the tree.  The girls shrieked in delight as they opened up stuffed kitty cats, princess dresses, and glittery skirts.  But there was one more gift in the garage that they were especially excited about.  Wrapped up and standing like three sentries against the wall of the garage were three brand new sleds.

Not ones to stand on ceremony, the kids immediately donned their snow stuff and trucked out into several inches of fresh snow.  

We laughed and smiled as we watched the kids go down a little hill in my grandparents' side yard, one that I frequently went down as a kid -- okay, I may have gone down a few times last night too. :)

It was a beautiful, magical night spent with family and I don't think I'll ever forget seeing those kids open or use their brand new sleds.

Thank God for sledding!

Lord, thank you for this precious time together and for the fun we had tonight.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!