Day 1089 -- Broccoli Monster

One thing that I have missed since becoming vegan-ish is the inability to make something that my children like to eat.

They aren't really too thrilled about the options that I create in the kitchen, and I guess I don't blame them.  Not only do they look a bit sketchy, but they lack many of the things that kids love, like cheese, butter, milk, and eggs.

So, yesterday, when I made a vegan-ish friendly breakfast casserole, I wasn't expecting my kids to even try it, let alone like it.

They LOVED it.  Even Breslin, who is the most skeptical of all of my new dietary habits wolfed down two huge pieces.  As a group, they named the dish "Broccoli Monster" while they sat around the kitchen table eating it.  

I was so grateful to spend this time with my kids and for the blessing of being able to cook something the enjoyed eating.  I missed that.

Thank God for the broccoli monster!

Lord, thank you for good food and the chance to hang out together as a family.  Thank you for the ability to provide for my kids and for all of the extras you give us too.  In your name, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!