Day 1120--Disastrous Oil Change

My trip to get the oil changed in my car tonight can be summed up by explaining how it started and ended.

It began with the young man doing a check if the car's exterior. When checking the wipers, the driver's side wiper broke off in his hand.

It ended with gas from my gas line spraying all over him.  So in addition. To needing a new windshield wiper, I also need to take my car in to get my gas line leak repaired before someone next to me throws out their cigarette and blows my little Saturn to kingdom come.

There was more, but I think you get the idea.

Tonight I'm thankful that I made it home safe (ie the car did not explode) and that we have the means to repair these problems.  Within a half an hour, Colby had made arrangements with his dad to get the car into a mechanic and had secured alternate transportation for us.  I am grateful that a not so good situation didn't escalate into a horrible or dangerous one.

Thank God for a disastrous oil change!

Thank you for a horrible oil change because it alerted us to bigger problems before they became dangerous. Thank you for getting me home safely tonight. In your name I pray, Amen.


Comments

Unknown said…
This must've been a disappointing day for you. Thankfully, nothing bad happened to your car, and you were able to come home safely. Also, it’s a good thing that Colby’s dad knew a mechanic that can check on your car and fix it quickly. It’s really a good thing to have someone you can count on in this time of need.

David Woodall @ Capitol Hill Exxon

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!