Day 2004 -- Not to Worry

It always bums me out that I'm not able to see my kids off on their first days of school.

Since Bres was in kindergarten, I have had to wait patiently throughout the entire first day of school, eagerly and anxiously awaiting to hear how it went.  This is usually to find that by the time I got the kids home, they are always exhausted and not in the mood to give me lots of details.

I've had visions of holding Breslin and Dharia's hands as I walked them to their kindergarten and first grade classrooms.  Due to the fact that I have to teach my first day of school at the same time they are starting theirs, however, makes this impossible.

But, even though I have first day jitters and anxiety, it turns out that my kids all play it pretty cool.

I'm thankful that they aren't really very needy.  And, despite my guilt at being absent from this momentous occasion, the fact of the matter is that it doesn't seem to matter at all to them that I'm not there.

It definitely makes it easier to handle being away on the first day, knowing they are totally capable, confident little people.

As AJ said to me this morning when I dropped her off at preschool, "Mom, not to worry.  I'm going to be just fine.  I'll see you later and tell you all about it."

Thank God I don't need to worry!

And, to wrap it up, some pics from the first day of

Preschool



First Grade


Second Grade


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!