3/6/2016


AJ is and always has been, confident in her choices.  This, naturally extends to her fashion choices, which tend to be loud.  I used to be concerned with what she came out of her room wearing.  It was typically far from traditional and usually accompanied by me wincing and saying things like, "Are you sure that's what you want to wear?"

I'm sorry that I did that.  I'm sorry that I ever thought about stifling anything about AJ that made her AJ.

I am done picking out her clothes for her.  I am over worrying about what other people will think of her outfits.

I will celebrate the amazing little human she is and the confidence with which she approaches each and every day.

Every day, I will post a picture of my girl in an outfit of her choosing.  In doing this, I hope to honor her bravery.  I want to extol her swagger.  I want to curate, at least on some level, the awesome she injects into our ordinary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!