Motherly Musings


When I was little, I used to think that when someone was a mom, they automatically knew the answer to every question. Now that I am a mom, I realize that some moms know more than others, but for the most part, we are good at acting like we know what's going on. For example, what is really the best way to deal with a screaming toddler at the East Lansing art fair in front of thousands of people? What exactly is the best way to handle an inconsolable, sick little boy at 3:30 am when you know you have to go to school the next morning? I guess there are no "right" or "wrong" answers when it comes to these things. You act in the moment, and you just pray along the way that you're doing what's right.


I keep hearing people say that Breslin is getting so big, and they're right, though I don't notice as much. When we go to the park, I keep wondering if this will be the time when he doesn't reach for my hand when he goes to the slide. I'm not sure that I'm ready for that yet. I'm content right now being his best friend and his number one fan.

Comments

Megan said…
I know how you feel. I wish I could just make time stop for a while. I get sad when I think about Jude growing up...

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!