Can You Tell School Has Started?



It's a sure sign school has started...the blog updates keep coming farther and farther apart. Not to worry though, we've got a good one here for you today.



Lots of things have been happening in the Sharp household, from new family vehicles to hair cuts. Let's start in somewhat chronological order, starting with three weekends ago.


Three Weekends Ago...


I started my new teaching position at Western High School. The start of school was a little crazy for me. I had to leave my four week old daughter...too soon! I was pretty sad, but didn't have too much time to throw myself a pity party because school quickly demanded my time. I had students' names to learn and assignments to give and papers to grade. I am settling in, though. I still miss my kids and wish that I could have had more time home with Dharia before going back, but there's no looking back now. Teaching chemistry is my niche, and I am making new friends on the staff at Western. I like where I am at, even though I miss my friends at Northwest.


Colby started teaching a new fourth grade class at Minges Brook Elementary in Battle Creek. He seems like a veteran teacher already, even though it's only his second year. He has been doing great and is enjoying working with his colleagues at Minges.


Colby and I, okay well maybe just I, remember a time when we swore up and down we'd never drive a van. The time came three weekends ago where all that changed. Getting both kids in and out of the little Saturn Ion Quad Coupe (with suicide doors!) was becoming a monumental task. We needed more room. Try as we might to justify the cost of an SUV, it was just a smarter decision all around to buy a minivan. We are now the proud (?) owners of a gold 1999 Dodge Caravan. I moan and complain about it, but the simple fact is that I love driving it. It's nice and high off of the ground, I have plenty of room to throw all our crap, and it's cake getting the kids in and out. That's it, I am officially old.




Two Weekends Ago...


This was the weekend of the torrential downpours in south central Michigan. Our backyard flooded, as did our basement. Luckily (hmmm...maybe "lucky" isn't the right term here), our basement takes on water every time it rains, so we didn't have any water damage or lose anything valuable.


We did, however choose this weekend to attend the Michigan State vs. Florida Atlantic football game in East Lansing. Colby and I donned the ponchos and watched the game while being continually pounded by the downpour. Yep, we were those idiots you saw on TV. It was nice, however, to have time alone just the two of us. And while I wouldn't call it romantic, it was definitely memorable.




This past weekend...


My mom took Breslin to get his hair cut. It was definitely time. The poor child couldn't see because of all the hair. Each time we cut his bangs more, the whole thing ended up becoming more and more mullet-like. So, my mom took him with her (ok, don't get the wrong idea, I asked her to take him...I know I couldn't have followed though on in by myself) to get it done professionally. He looks like such a little boy now! He is really growing up fast. I can still remember when he was Dharia's age.

Before haircut...
After haircut...

On that note, I ran across some pictures of Breslin when he was Dharia's age. I knew that they looked similar, but I couldn't believe just how similar when I saw these pics! Check it out! Dharia is the top picture, Breslin is the bottom. Both pictures are at about 7 weeks.



We leave you with some video of Breslin doing gymnastics and being his normal self. Enjoy!




Comments

Jessica said…
Aww, love the haircut! That's what I felt like when Lucas got his first one; he's not a baby anymore! I'm amazed at your bravery! ;)
Megan said…
You guys are so cute! Love his haircut! And Mr.Jude has the same Pajamas, him and I both enjoyed the gymnastics video!
Anonymous said…
Oh. My. Gosh. You have the CUTEST littly boy I have ever seen in my entire life! No exaggeration. When other people talk about their kids, I will be like, "Yeah, he's cute, but my friend Alaina has the cutest kid on the planet."

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!