Snow Day

I honestly can't think of much better days in life than snow days. There is truly something magical about typing in your zip code at http://www.weatherchannel.com/ and seeing that "Winter Weather Advisory" button pop up or to be watching TV only to see that little map of Michigan with your county highlighted. At school, we teachers will speculate about the likelihood of an actual snow day being called at lunch or in the hallways. Sometimes, the good old Weather Channel is even turned on in the lounge. When I get up in the middle of the night before a potential snow day, I look out the window to see what's going on outside. When I come back to bed, Colby always asks me, "How's it looking?" in a sleepy voice.

And then...the phone rings. Miraculously, mercifully, beautifully it grants me a day of freedom to sleep in, stay in my pajamas, and love on my kids. It is a day for a big breakfast and for taking a nap. It is stolen time, a gift that I was not expecting.

There are many perks to being a teacher. Colby and I often wonder how we would fare in careers outside of education where things like vacation days and PTO have to be considered. But one of the absolute best things about being a teacher, aside from the opportunity to touch young people's lives and to make a difference in our world, has got to be, without a doubt, snow days.

Bres and Dharia enjoying their time at home on this snowy day.

Comments

YOu're so lucky!!! Glad to hear you had a day to relax, you deserve it. Talk to you soon!
Sara said…
Oh my goodness! Congratulations on baby number three! It is tough being outnumbered, but definitely worth it. Your family is beautiful- can't wait to see pics of the newest Sharp.
The Ekloves said…
Lucky girl! Congratulations!
Megan said…
Congrats! That is awesome! So Happy for you guys!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!