Day 8 -- Boy Cheese

My least favorite day of the entire year is today.  It's the day when all of the Christmas decorations come down.  All of the ornaments get packed away, and the tree leaves a sea of needles on the carpet as it goes out the door.  In the midst of this sad process, Colby and I took a break to make lunch for our kids.  Grilled cheese sandwiches were on the menu.  The first sandwich we gave to Dharia, who dug in hungrily.  When we asked Breslin if he would also like a grilled cheese, he anxiously replied, "But I need a boy cheese sandwich, not a girl cheese sandwich!"  We laughed and laughed.  The rest of the day as I was working, every time I thought of boy cheese, I had to stop and smile.

Thank God for Boy Cheese Sandwiches!

Lord, thank you for inserting these precious moments into my life that bring sun to a dreary day.  In your name I pray, amen.

Comments

Jim said…
Dharia is amazing. Can't believe we never thought of it as "girl cheese" as corny as we are. Love you!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!