Day 19 -- Dinosaur Time


Colby and I snuck away for a couple of hours tonight to grab dinner and return a couple of things at the mall.  It might not sound like much, but trust me, a quiet dinner with just the two of us is definitely something that we savor.

Anyway, we had the opportunity to use a couple of Border's gift cards for the kids while we were at the mall (thanks Uncle Mark!).  It's always fun to pick out kids' books, and Colby and I try really hard to read with the kids as much as possible.  Plus, when you pick out the books yourself, you can choose ones that don't make you want to blow your brains out after you've read it for the eighteen hundred twenty-seventh time.

I feel so thankful that my kids love books.  In the van on the way home, I gave Breslin and Lou Lou each one of the books we picked out and they were beyond thrilled.  We had to keep the overhead light on in the van the entire way home so that they could look at them. 

When we got home, it was past their bedtimes for sure, but I couldn't resist cuddling on the couch with them for a couple of good reads through each book.  It was wonderful.  I held my two oldest kids on my lap while we read Dinosaur Time, Waddle, and How Do I Love You?  For 10 glorious minutes, no one whined for a jelly sandwich, or smelled like they needed a diaper change, or threw toys at each other.  We simply enjoyed a good book in each other's company.
Reading Dinosaur Time Tonight

Thank God for Dinosaur Time!

Lord, thank you that my kids love to read.  Thank you that we had a chance to be together tonight while sharing a good book.  I pray that you would continue to develop my kids' love of reading as they grow.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!