Day 32 -- "C"

Tonight, I am JUST NOW returning from a meet in Sturgis, Michigan.  Yep...It's 10 after 11 pm.  I left my house this morning at 6:30 am.  It's been a very long day.

Thankfully, I got to judge with one of my very favorite people in the world tonight.  We'll call her "C".  Normally, these meets run so that you judge one event with a partner (either vault or bars), then switch partners to judge the second event (either beam or floor).  Tonight, it worked out that I got to judge vault with "C" and then with "C" again on beam.

Not only do we always seem to be on exactly the same wavelength in terms of scoring (which, as a gymnastics judge, makes your night go much more smoothly), but we also have a blast.  "C" is hysterical and can make me laugh like crazy...sometimes it takes everything in me not to laugh at inappropriate times (like while a girl is competing, for example).  Our events went flawlessly and, overall, my night was thoroughly enjoyable.  My long day would have seemed much longer had she not been my judging partner tonight.

Thank God for "C"! 

Lord, thank you for putting "C" into my life.  Thank you for pairing me with her tonight and giving us a fun meet.  It certainly made my day much better than it might have been otherwise!  In your name I pray, amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!