Day 56 -- Van Spelling Bee

On the way home today, my son asked me to spell all kinds of words.  It was a spelling bee of sorts, except for I was the only contestant, and I was drilled on word after word after word with no break from the moment we pulled out of the daycare parking lot to when we unloaded at home.

Breslin: "Mom, how do you spell bounce?"

Me: "Bounce. B-O-U-N-C-E.  Bounce."

Breslin: "Mom, how do you spell kick?"

Me: "Kick. K-I-C-K. Kick."

Breslin: "Mom, first you take the K (makes K sound), then you take the -ick (makes "ick" sound).  Put them both together, now you've got kick!"

Me: "Yes, that's true."

Breslin: "How do you spell angry?"

Me: "Angry?  Why do you want to spell angry?  Oops!  (drops something onto the floor)"

Breslin: "Oops.  O-O-P-S."

Me: "Great job, buddy!"

Breslin: "Mommy, how do you spell angry?"

AJ: "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....."

Breslin: "(laughing hysterically....) Mom!  AJ just made the A sound.  She's spelling angry! (continues laughing)"

And so it went.  I was thankful for such an entertaining and memorable car ride home today, that I couldn't pass up giving it props as my post.  I feel so lucky to have a son who is so smart and has such an amazing sense of humor (this being my totally unbiased opinion, of course).

Thank God for the Van Spelling Bee!

Lord, thank you for our fun car ride home today.  Thank you that Breslin is such a smart little boy and that he loves to learn.  I am grateful that he still wants me to be involved with the things in his life that are the most important to him.  Help me to never take that for granted and to be able to look back at this memory for many years to come.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Jim said…
That is AWESOME!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!