Day 87 -- Fresh, New Ideas

For the past two days, I have been attending a conference in Detroit, whose goal was to teach educators how to integrate new technologies into the classroom to make teaching more effective.  I have been bombarded by new, exciting tools and amazed by what other teachers are doing to help their students learn. 

To be honest, it was all a little overwhelming.

But, it was also wonderful.  I am just teeming with ideas of things to use in my classroom to help my students be more successful.  I won't bore you with the details, but you should know that I am thinking big and that some of my former perceptions about mobile devices in the classroom have completely changed.

It was a breath of fresh air.  I am so thankful for the opportunity I had to learn about all of the amazing things out there for teachers and so grateful for the teachers who were willing to share their strategies and insights for using these things successfully.  I have a new zest for teaching and I almost can't wait to get back into my classroom on Monday to try some of them out.

Thank God for fresh, new ideas!

Lord, thank you for the opportunity to attend this conference and for the revitalizing effect it had on me.  Please help me to integrate these new ideas into my teaching.  Thank you for getting me home safely to my family.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!