Day 128 -- Birthday Surprises

I had so many nice surprises on my birthday today.  I love to be pleasantly surprised, and today was full of fun and unexpected events.

1) When I walked into my classroom, I saw that the birthday fairies had visited over night.  My room was strung with colorful banners and streamers all proclaiming the arrival of my birthday.  Which leads me to...

2) Upon the very obvious fact that it was my birthday, my student were almost all very sincere about making sure they made it a good day for me.  A couple even went as far to make me a birthday card in another class which they signed and left little notes on.  It gave me warm fuzzies on the inside.  A surprise, indeed!

3) My aunt called my classroom on speakerphone and sang "Happy Birthday" to me in front of the entire class.

4) My assistant principal sent out an email to the entire staff with a poem that was an ode to me on my birthday.  It was flattering and very cool.

5) My dad sent a gift to my house that I got to open when I got home.  It was a triathlon training tool that I will definitely use and never would have gotten for myself.  It was so thoughtful.

6) I opened a card that my mom sent me. She invited me to spend the day with her at quite possibly my favorite place in the world -- The East Lansing Art Fair.  She generously, uh, funded my interest in this event as well.  I am so excited to go.  I am positive that day 154 I will be thankful for the East Lansing Art Fair.

7) My husband contacted me during the other day telling me to meet him at home so that he could take me out on a date.  We spent a lovely evening together sans children that included dinner at one of my favorite places -- The Dark Horse in Marshall.

I am so grateful that I was surprised in so many great ways today!  I felt so special and loved and pampered.  God has blessed me with fabulous people who for some reason think that I am worth celebrating!

Thank God for birthday surprises!

Lord, thank you for the wonderful people in my life who surprised me in so many nice ways today.  I had such a great birthday!  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Happy Birthday sweets! Glad to hear it was a great one :)

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!