Day 123 -- The Midland Mall

I cannot even tell you how many times I visited the Midland Mall as a girl while visiting my grandparents.  I am fairly sure that this attraction was not there when I was a girl, otherwise I am certain that it would be something I would have done.  Today, I am so thankful that I got to see my Dharia show her wild, fearless side to the entertainment and amazement of all those around.  This video honestly does not do justice to how high into the rafters her little body was sailing.  Nor does it capture how much she loved it.  The rest of the day she talked about how she "jumped high into the sky."

I am thankful that I had the chance to visit this mall with my mom and my grandma.  We had a great time just shopping and eating.  My favorite quote came from my mom at the end of our trip as we unloaded bag upon bag from the trunk of my grandma's car: "There might not be a whole lot we do really well, but shopping is one thing we do REALLY WELL."

As you can see, my youngest daughter is still not up to snuff in the shopping department and pooped out a little early.  She's got some endurance training to do yet.

Thank God for The Midland Mall!

Lord, thank you for a really fun day together as a family.  Thank you for how fun and well behaved my kids were.  Thank you for the memories I got to relive being at the Midland Mall and for the ones we made today with my kids.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Suzanne Gibbs said…
Yeah for Dharia, and yeah for you for taking the time to post this and to help cheer me up this morning! I love you!
Evan Stuart said…
Uncle Bounce is worried he is replaced! Glad you guys had an awesome trip, wish we could have been there!
Jim said…
No fear! And i loved your laugh, too, Alaina!
Megan said…
Awesome. Jude and Dharia would most certainly be best friends! The more I learn about her, the more I realize the trouble/endless fun they would have together. I loved your laugh, so infectious!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!