Day 151 -- The Art Fair

Today was Art Fair Day!  The East Lansing Art Fair is something I look forward to to all year, every year.  My mom and I have a long-standing tradition of spending all day at the Art Fair, and I hoard up my cash for months in preparation for the event.  This year, I started the day by getting up insanely early and riding my bike up to Holt to my mom's house.  My sister-in-law met us there for breakfast and coffee, which was delightful.  Then, we all headed out to the campus of Michigan State University so that we could start shopping as soon as the artists opened their booths.  It was a beautiful day.  We enjoyed each other's company and conversation, the sunshine, the artistic talents of the vendors, and double dips from the MSU dairy.  We loaded up on unique treasures and, thoroughly exhausted, headed back to my mom's house.  Here we met up with all of our husbands for dinner.  Colby brought up the kids, Bob fired up the grill, and we spent some quality time together as a family --  laughing, talking, and reminiscing.

This short narrative does little justice to the amazingness that was today.  If that guy from California is right, and the Lord returns in 14 minutes, I'm not sure I could think of a better day to end on.

Thank God for the Art Fair!

Lord, thank you for the Art Fair today and for the amazing people I got to share it with.  Thank you for the artistic talents of those who were there and for the beautiful weather to go with it all.  I am so appreciative of my many blessings big and small on a day like today.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!