Day 143 -- "WE ARE NAKED!"

Today was a long day away from the kids. After school, I had a 2 hour bike ride to do for my training, so I asked Colby if he would pick up the kids from day care and just meet me at home. I figured that way I wouldn't have to spend a ton of time away from them in the evening. While I was doing that, he managed to secure a babysitter for us, so that we could grab a bite to eat together after I finished my bike. By the time we got home, we were all pooped. I was holding the baby on the couch, and Colby was a pile of humanity next to me. We watched as Breslin took every single item of his clothes off. Then, Lou Lou did the same. There was no explanation to us as to why they were doing it, they just simultaneously disrobed. Then, Breslin asked Lou Lou, "Kitty, did you know what we are?" It seemed like she desperately wanted to be able to tell him, but could not. I couldn't help myself any longer at this point, so I asked, "Breslin, what are you?"

Completely sans clothing, he started to jump around and shout, "WE ARE NAKED! WE ARE NAKED! WE ARE NAKED!" Naturally, Dharia followed, spinning herself in naked circles until she fell down from dizziness.

Considering I had to have a "talk" with my day care providers about the fact that Breslin thinks it's perfectly acceptable to pee outside if that's where they are, I had to make sure he knew that it was only okay to play the "We Are Naked" game at home. He very seriously replied to me that he would only play the "We Are Naked" game at home.

After feeling totally deflated after a long day and a long week, it was quite the sight to see two naked toddlers dancing around and laughing in merriment. It was wonderful and hysterical and if I would have gotten it on tape I would have been armed with adequately mortifying blackmail material for their teenage/college years. Oh well.

Thank God for "WE ARE NAKED!"

Lord, thank you for my hilarious children. Thank you for the joy they bring to our lives without fail. Thank you for their sense of humors and their confidence. Thank you that they each have their own unique quirks that make them distinctly who they are. Thank you for giving us the chance to laugh tonight at the end of a very long day and week. In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!