Day 158 -- Cornwell's Turkey Farm


Mmmmmm....the Turkey Hot Plate.
My husband is full of phenomenal ideas and today was no exception.  He suggested that we take the kids to see their Uncle Sam play baseball in Charlotte (fitting for Memorial Day weekend, no?) and then swing by Cornwell's Turkey Farm for lunch on our way home.  I rode my bike to meet them at the 10:30 game (this was an adventure in and of itself...apparently Google maps doesn't care if you ride your road bike on paved or dirt roads, flooded over or not flooded over roads, etc.) and then we piled into the van and headed towards Turkeyville.  We had a delicious lunch of turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, and homemade noodles together.  It was delightful, but the kids were antsy to get outside and check out all of the turkeys that were wondering about the property.  Dharia Lou (naturally) chased the poor, ugly beasts around and around.  We saw some cows and goats too and played on some pretty wicked awesome playground equipment before calling it a day.

The best way to end such an awesome outing?  When we got home, all five of us laid down for a nap.

I love, love, love the Turkey Farm and not just because the food is off the hook. It also brings back memories of going there with my family as a little girl.  When I was in high school, my regional cross-country meets were held there and we would just pig out as a team afterwards, waiting to receive our awards.  Going there is always something that I look forward to and today I was grateful to be able to visit for the first time of hopefully many times this year.

Thank God for Cornwell's Turkey Farm!

Lord, thank you for Cornwell's and for the fun times I have had there over the years.  Thank you for the chance to go and spend some quality time with my family today.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Barb said…
I'm sooo jealous! Yummy.

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!