Day 160 -- Memorial Day Parade

For as long as I have lived in the Parma/Spring Arbor/Albion area, I have attended or participated in the Memorial Day Parade through downtown Spring Arbor.  I'm thankful that I had the chance to take my family with me today, that the sun was shining, and that I got to see some of my students in the marching band, JROTC, homecoming royalty float, etc.  One of the most entertaining aspects of the parade for me was watching Breslin scramble after candy and then painstakingly open each piece, missing a large majority of the actual parade in the process.

Part of the tradition is to go to my aunt and uncle's house on Lime Lake afterwards where we grill and swim.  On this insanely hot Memorial Day, I was grateful for the cool water and refreshing breezes down at the lake's edge.

Thank God for the Memorial Day Parade!

Lord, thank you for traditions and for the chance to share them with my family.  Thank you for the nice weather you blessed us with today.  Thank you for this introduction to summer.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

We were at the parade too! Sorry we missed you, but glad to hear you enjoyed it as much as we did. :) Miss ya!
Suzanne Gibbs said…
It was so fun!!! I'm so glad we were together!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!