Day 199 -- Swing Set

It was an all-day project, but it now stands proudly in our back yard.  A swing set.   It makes me feel so grown-up to to be a person who has a swing set -- and is under the age of 12.  Like, I'm actually an adult that has kids old enough to appreciate one of these playgrounds in our very own back yards. Here is a picture of the swing set taken from the company website.  All of the ones I took today were on my dad's camera.  He worked hard all day and crashed tonight (he was the one who ordered the swing set and had it delivered to our house), so I don't have any pictures of the process in my own back yard, or the finished product, but you can get an idea of how amazing this play yard really is.  It took a lot of elbow grease from my dad, husband, and uncle to get this thing put together.  For that, I am so grateful!Circus 4 Swing Sets
The best part of the whole day when the swing set was completely constructed.  I got to hang out with my dad, aunt and uncle, and brother on the back porch, watching my kids go up the rock wall, down the slide, swing on the trapeze, and organize the tic-tac-toe game (okay, so maybe that was just Breslin).

When we first moved into our house 4 years ago, we had nothing in our back yard for our kids.  There was no reason for our kids to be outdoors at home.  Now, they will spend hours outdoors on their swing set, playing, pretending, and making their very own memories that will last forever.

Thank God for a swing set!

Lord, thank you for my dad and for his gift of a swing set.  Thank you for the hard work that he, Colby, and Stan were willing to do to get it assembled today.  Thank you for its quality and for the hours of fun that it offers to my children.  Help us to take full advantage of this as we enjoy our home.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Kristin said…
I will bring Caleb over tomorrow to play! JK:)
Would love to come check out the backyard awesomeness and hang with you and the kids for a bit! Let me know what day looks good for you guys!
Jim said…
Great fun! So good to be with you guys...love you!
Stan said…
And the next day, Breslin went out and the coolest thing he found to play with was a dangling section of extra rope from the rope ladder. It became the trigger to launch the submarine or for the fort to blast off (both suggestions totally freaked out Dharia and sent her into a screaming frenzy). Personally, I look forward to coming over to play knights in the castle with him.
Thanks for inviting us along for the adventure...
Love you lots!
april. said…
LOVE IT! That Jimmer is something else!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!