Day 210 -- Mighty Mac

Colby and I are on a road trip.  We are headed to Michigan's Upper Peninsula for a 3 day stay at Lake Michigan Campround, on the northern shores of Lake Michigan.

It is one of my favorite places in the world.

One of the best things, in my opinion, about visitng the UP is approaching the Mackinac Bridge.  I always feel a flutter of anticipation in my stomach as we start to get close.  At the first Shepler's Ferry billboard, I let out a whoop and keep my eyes peeled for the tall, silver towers in the distance.  Throughout the whole 5 mile trip across the bridge, I am like a little kid, eyes bugging out and face plastered to the window, blabbering a mile a minute.

I LOVE the Mackinac Bridge.  I am fascinated by its history, the details of its construction, and its imposing beauty.  One year during a visit to Mackinaw City, I spent more than I should have on a picture of the Mackinac Bridge in the middle of its construction.  It's one of my favorite pieces in the house.  I was even fortunate enough to have it autographed by the photographer.

This isn't the same as the one I have.  Mine's cooler. :)  But, you get the idea.
So, today I am thankful for the chance to see the bridge in person.  I am thankful that even though it kind of stresses him out, my husband it willing to drive across the bridge so that I can take it all in.  And, I am thankful that crossing it means that we are on our way to the Lake Michigan Campground!

Thank God for the Mighty Mac!

Lord, thank you for such a cool bridge, so rich in history and stunning in beauty and magnitude.  Thank you for giving us safe travels and for the opportunity to visit one of our favorite places.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Awe...have fun! Hope you guys have a great time. I LOVE the bridge too, but I always make Russ drive over it. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!