Day 225 -- Pine Cone Robots

For several weeks, now, I have had intentions of cleaning up all of the pine cones that have fallen from the giant pine tree in our back yard into the grass. 

Sounds fun, right?

It's not that I mind how they look, necessarily.  Our backyard isn't exactly a candidate for the cover of Better Homes and Gardens.  But they will twist your ankles if you step on them wrong.  With three little kids running around in the back yard, I knew that I needed to somehow get rid of them.

Today was finally cool enough for me to stomach the though of being out in the yard long enough to give it a go.  So while Breslin and Dharia played on their new swing set (pretending to be the Wonderpets), I filled up wagon load after wagon load of pine cones and dumped them one at a time into our makeshift brush pile by the river.

After a couple of trips, Breslin and Dharia decided that they wanted to "help".  This lasted for about thirty seconds before they got distracted.  Breslin commenced building robots.  I wasn't really paying attention, but when he was done, he called me over to check it out.  What I saw made my day:


And, spelled out below the robot was its name:

This says "Art", the name of the robot...apparently I am having difficulty rotating pics in Blogger today.
It made a crummy chore that I was dreading fun and interesting!

Thank God for pine cone robots!

Lord, thank you for a cooler day to enjoy outside. Thank you for my son's imagination and creativity that brought joy to my day. Thank you for finding ways to cheer me up even when my attitude isn't what it should be. In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Jim said…
Breslin you crack me up!
Suzanne Gibbs said…
That boy! He's amazing and wonderful!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!