Day 227 -- Relay for Life

Breslin with his balloons looking up at the clouds during a pause in the action at Relay for Life.  Evan was about his age when he first started having symptoms of what would be later diagnosed as leukemia.

Ya Ya joined in the cloud-watching.  Too cute.
Tonight was Relay for Life in Jackson at beautiful Cascades Falls Park.  We took all three kids, as we are loosely associated with two teams.  There is the "B Team", which is Colby's Aunt Kristi and Uncle Ernie.  Their sweet girl, Bree, was diagnosed with retinoblastoma at a very young age, but is now free of cancer.  Then, there is "Team Tyslenko" that has numerous survivors as members, but most near and dear to me is my brother, Evan who was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) at age five.

Being at Relay for Life brought back a flood of memories for me centering on the times in my life where Evan battled cancer.  It helped me to realize just how blessed we were to still have him in our life.  I was so thankful to have the chance to be there celebrating with all of the survivors during the "Survivor's Walk" and to reflect and pray with all of the other families whose lives have been turned upside down by cancer during the "Luminary Ceremony".
Dharia is happy to be hanging with her Uncle E.

Bres and Uncle E shortly after the Luminary Ceremony.
I am so blessed to have my brother, and I am grateful for this event tonight that raised money to help other families that were like us.

Thank God for Relay for Life!

Lord, thank you for this event.  Thank you for all of the ways it helps to bring healing to families who are affected by cancer.  You are the great physician, Lord.  Thank you for healing my brother and for keeping my own family healthy.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!