Day 231 -- Cap Light

So, we are sitting on the porch on this beautiful evening.  The kids are all asleep and it's just Colby and I left alone.  It's quiet and dark.  The white lights strung around the ceiling of the porch cast a romantic glow over us.  I look over at my love...

...who is straining to read a book in the low light called Jellaby: Monster in the City.

...who has a hunter's cap light attached to his JCC Golden Jets hat.

This allows maximimum visibility and grasp efficiency for reading graphic novels (aka comic books) in the dark.

OMW.

I love my husband, who embraces his inner dork and doesn't let anything get in the way of his pursuit of elementary literature!

Thank God for the cap light!

Lord, thank you for my husband and his silliness.  Thank you that the kids are all in bed and that we have a few quiet moments together on this beautiful night.  Thank you for our porch and for the opporutnity to enjoy it together tonight.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Suzanne Gibbs said…
Love this!!! I'm reading all kinds of stuff that Abbie has here for her kids. It made me think of (and talk about) Colby!! I miss you! xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!