Day 242 -- Farmers Market

On a spontaneous adventure this morning, we packed the kids in the van and headed to Okemos to meet my mom and Bob at the Meridian Farmers Market.  It was a glorious, sunny and cool morning and the market was buzzing with people selling veggies, fruits, perennials, floral arrangements, and more.  The kids were excited to see a humongous (that's Breslin's new word) playground area, and Dharia entertained the crowd by shaking her groove-thang as an acoustic guitarist played and tried to keep a straight face.  The smell of kettle corn lingered in the air, and it wasn't long before Colby broke down and bought a bag.  It was demolished in a matter of minutes -- a team effort, really.  My mom is always telling me about this lady who is always there with her soap.  She's even bought me a few bars before.  Today, we got to leisurely smell each "flavor" and then try to decide which ones to take home.  Since my Zum Soap is about all used up, I am looking forward to trying my new farmers market varieties that I bought today.

After a successful farmers market outing, my mom and Bob invited us back to their place, where Bob offered to grill some burgers and prepare the sweet corn they had just purchased.  Listen, people.  When Bob offers to grill for you, you do not turn that down!  So, we went back to their place, ate some amazing food for lunch, and enjoyed each other's company.  It was a wonderful, relaxed day full of blessings.

Thank God for the farmers market!

Lord, thank you for a spontaneous outing that turned into a wonderful, memorable day.  Thank you for my mom and Bob who are so dear to us and who are such amazing grandparents to my kids.  Thank you for all the fun we had today.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!