Day 270 -- Funny Phone Call

I really don't get too many phone calls.  I'm fine with that.  I'm definitely not a phone person.  More often than not, my phone is lost or dead.

When my phone rang this morning shortly after I arrived at the cross-country meet, I figured it was a runner's family who needed directions or was running late.  Fielding these phone calls are a part of my job description as assistant coach.  I looked down and instead saw Colby's name, so I was thinking either something was wrong or one of the kids got a hold of the phone.  It wouldn't be like him to call me at cross-country for a non-emergency sort of situation.

Expecting to hear either Colby's voice or a lot of background noise at my house, I said, "Hello?"  And was promply greeted by a sweet little girl's voice replying, "Hello, Mommy!  I love you!  We are playing at home!  I wanted to say I love you!"

It was my Dharia, just calling to say hi.

I asked her to give the phone to her daddy, who was not at all a part of the phone call and was unaware of her plans to call me.  How she managed to steal Colby's phone, find my name in his contacts, and place the call (all without Colby knowing) is uncertain, but it definitely made my day.  She's pretty resourceful for a just-turned-three year-old, my Lou Lou.

I told her that I loved her, that I missed her, and that I would be home soon to play.  Then, just like that, we said goodbye and hung up.  It was sweet beyond words, and made me feel so loved.

Thank God for a funny phone call!

Lord, thank you for my daughter and for her phone call today.  Thank you for the way it made me feel.  Thank you for her sweet heart and the way she loves me.  I am so thankful you chose me to be her mom.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Tonight we went to Festival of the Forks, and as a sort of "thank you" for giving me such a boost today, I let her pick out a fairy crown and magic wand at the festival.  She was very excited about them and they look pretty dang adorable on her, so I thought I'd share:



Comments

Jim said…
she is amazing! makes my heart jump!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!