Day 312 -- Dark Horse

It's a brewery with the most amazing food and atmosphere.  It also happens to be about 11 miles from our house.  It's the Dark Horse Brewery in Marshall, Michigan.

If you go, expect to have a hard time finding a table, as it has been packed every time I have been there.  You can also expect a more classy menu than you might expect from a brewery.  My favorite sandwich is the Portabella Turkey, but what I have been getting lately is the Chocolate Thunder Pizza Pie -- pizza sauce, feta cheese, grilled chicken, pineapple, mushroom, red onion, and banana pepper.  Oh, man.  Tonight I ate THE WHOLE PIZZA.  Myself.  That's something special, folks.  I rationalized it by the killer 5-miler I ran this morning. 

I'm not a member of the mug club yet, as I consider myself a bit of a beer-sissy when it comes to microbrews.  I've only ever really sampled the Raspberry Ale, which is a self-proclaimed "light-bodied, easy-drinking" beer.  That seems powerful enough for me, though. 

But, I do love the Dark Horse.  I feel lucky that such a wonderful place to eat and hang out exists so close to home.  Colby and I go there almost every time we have a chance to go out together.  So, tonight I'm thankful that it is and that we got to go.  Profound.

Thank God for Dark Horse!

Lord, thank you for a chance to go out with my husband tonight to one of my favorite places.  Thank you for the food and atmosphere of the Dark Horse.  Thank you for my family members who were willing to watch the kids for a bit while we went out.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!