Day 329--Books In Bed

This is Colby.

Tonight I didn't get home until almost nine because of parent teacher conferences.  As a result, I missed one of my favorite times of the day, reading to the kids in bed.

Each night I read at least two books to Breslin and Dharia before bed.  Dharia has become a bit of a "book snob", in that she is always demanding new books.  I check out a lot of books from the library for school, so on most nights she does get to go through new books with me.

Tonight when I got home I found Alaina with Breslin and Dharia cuddled up in Dharia's bed reading, not new books, but old favorites.  When I walked in they were reading Clifford the Big Red Dog.  Seeing them all huddled together reading made my day. 

Thank God for books in bed!

Lord, thank you for allowing my family to be able to share our love of reading with each other.  Thank you for giving us the means to provide great books to our kids, and for helping us pass our passion for reading on to our children.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!