Day 338 -- Thanksgiving

I really, really like Thanksgiving. 

In fact, I like it so much that I host it every year.  Well, at least for the past five years. 

I love the electric anticipation a huge meal brings.

I love that it means putting to good use the lessons my grandmommy (mom's mom) and mom taught to me about preparing food.  Who else would have enough patience to teach me how to prepare a turkey?

I love the atmosphere that lighting candles all throughout the house lends to my home.


I love the fact that my house is stuffed with people that I love.  I was griping about not having enough space in my house to hold all of my guests, when I realized how lucky I was to have so many people special enough to spend Thanksgiving with. 

I love that it ushers in the Christmas season (in my opinion, it is only truly acceptable to begin listening to Christmas music, go Christmas shopping, or decorate for Christmas until after Thanksgiving has passed).

I love sitting on the couch exhausted after eating dinner and looking through the black Friday ads with my mom in hopes of a big day of shopping.

I love watching my husband prepare plates of leftovers to put in the microwave with a sort-of dreamy smile on his face throughout the afternoon.

I love a day set aside to be grateful for all of the blessings in my life.  Because I am truly overwhelmed by the goodness God has shown me.

Thank God for Thanksgiving!

Lord, thank you for this day!  Thank you for the great dinner and for the chance to be with people that I love so very much.  Thank you for what this day means and for the opportunity to enjoy this special time with my family.  Thank you that dinner turned out and that every one had a place to sit.  I was too worried about that, but you had it all taken care of.  Thanks.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Joyce said…
As your mom's mom, I want to say how much we appreciate your hosting Thanksgiving. Everything was just wonderful.

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!