Day 380 -- Smart Kitty

I took Dharia with me to the boys' basketball game tonight against Albion in her sparkly silver Tom's shoes, jeggings, and athletic grey Western hooded sweatshirt.  She was more interested in the concession stand than in anything else and kept wanting to go nab Twizzlers and lollipops during the game.  As she sat on my lap, she pointed to the letters on my Western t-shirt and correctly identified each and every one.  The she looked at me and said, "Mommy, that spells Western!"

I gaped at her with a smile and laugh-shouted, "You're such a smart cookie!"

With tears in her eyes, she replied, "I'm not a cookie!"

Confused, I said, "Well, what are you then?"

As though it were a painfully obvious fact that I was ignorant not to see, she said, "I'm a kitty!"

Thank God for my smart kitty!

Dear God, thank you for my bright daughter.  Thank you for her spunky attitude, her ability to feel emotion so keenly, and her zest for life.  I am grateful to be in her life.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!