Day 413 -- An Extra Half Hour

Today, I wanted to get a lot of stuff done in a very short amount of time, and it wasn't looking good.

After school, I had hoped to work out, then pick up the kids from dinner, then make it home in time to do a quick change of clothes and a bite to eat before heading to a gymnastics meet.

I did my workout, because I needed to, then stressed and sweated all the way home as I picked up the kids.  I knew I would be cutting it close to get to the gymnastics meet on time and I could pretty much forget about eating.  And if you know me at all, you'll know that was a huge blow to my morale.

When I raced in the door with my three children and their daycare paraphernalia, I ran upstairs to change into my black and white uniform.  I grabbed my judging bag and decided to check my contract for the meet.  I did a little shout of joy when I realized it started a half an hour later than I thought!

Not only did I put on makeup, but I made and ate dinner, hung out with my kids, and got to the meet with time to spare.  All because of those extra thirty minutes.  It seems like I am always rushing around to get to the places I need to be, worrying about getting there on time, and never having an extra minute -- ever.

Tonight I'm thankful that I was able to fully enjoy and put to good use the extra time that God made available to me.  I'm sure the gymnasts at tonight's meet were thankful I wasn't a hungry, grumpy judge, if nothing else!

Thank God for an extra half hour!

Lord, thank you for giving me some extra time to get everything done today.  It was unexpected, but appreciated and made a huge difference in the rest of the night.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!