Day 434 -- Buddies

Who thought that when they looked like this...

They would end up like this...
?

On our way home from the hospital with Breslin and his new baby sister, Dharia began to cry.  Breslin's first and only response was to point at her with a tiny, accusing finger and shout, "NO!" until she stopped.  Sure, they don't always get along.  In fact, many times throughout their short lives they have successfully driven each other completely bonkers.  But, tonight, as I watched them be a super hero duo, a porcupine family, and a team of racecars, I marveled at their complex and inspiring budding friendship. 

I am so thankful that although they have their moments, they are undoubtedly each other's closest friends and most constant companions.  I look forward to watching their relationship grow and change throughout the years, but I don't think I will ever forget nights like tonight.

Thank God for my little buddies!

Lord, thank you that Breslin and Dharia are such good friends.  I pray that over the years you would help their relationship to grow and for them to both realize how important they are to one another.  Thank you for moments like tonight that I will never forget.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Jim said…
Wonderful - really great to see!
Suzanne Gibbs said…
Wow!!! They are so stinkin' adorable!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!