Day 446 -- Long Lunch

Today was a miraculous half day Monday at Western High School.  Why?  I'm not sure why we had the half day, exactly, but I know it was miraculous because after this crazy weekend, it was a God-send to only have to face 25 minute classes today.

It was also a blessing to have a long lunch.  Not because I wanted to sit and leisurely eat, but because it gave me the opportunity to get in my training.  I had a 90 minute run to do today.  Instead of having it hang over my head until after school, at which point I would be exhausted, I headed out at 11:20 and was back in time for my 1:00 meeting.  Instead of leaving school at 4:45 pm or later covered in sweat, I will head out here in the next 5 minutes or so in dry, comfy clothes to spend a relaxing evening with my family.

Thank God for a long lunch!

Dear God, thank you for the chance to get my work out in today because of the half day.  Thank you for the opportunity to hang out with my family tonight without anything that has to get done.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Jim said…
What a nice surprise! love you!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!