Day 491 -- 13 Birthdays

Hello. This is Colby. I'm very excited to celebrate Alaina's birthday for the 13th time with her. I've decided to write this post since she has gone to bed. With AJ sick and all, we've had a pretty long week.

In honor of celebrating 13 birthdays with my lovely wife, I'm going to list 13 reasons why I love her. The first 13 that come to mind are the one's that I will list (this way I don't have to stress out over the list).

I'm guessing we might end up with a few corny lines, but please bear with me.

1. Hair-I think she has beautiful hair. Up, down, short, long, curled, straight her hair always looks great.

2. Smile-It's lights up a room

3. Fair- We love to go to the fair together every summer. When we first started dating we would go to the Jackson County Fair, but now that we live in Albion we always ROCK the Calhoun County Fairgrounds.

4. Hat- Today was hat day at Western, so I got to see Alaina off wearing a Detroit Tigers hat. I just love her in a nice ball cap.

5. Tiger Stadium- She took me to my last game at Tiger Stadium the first year we were dating.

6. Ironman- I think that she is such a bada**. How many people do you know that have completed an Ironman? Don't worry in a few months it will be one, Alaina.

7. Lawn Mower- It's super cute how much she loves to mow the lawn.

8. Chips and Salsa-A lot of out-to-eat meals that we've had together have started with chips and salsa. We love eating Mexican together.

9. Roller Blades - Once when we first started dating we went roller blading together. Roller bladding and Alaina go together about as good as basketball and Alaina. I love that she is up to try anything.

10. New Foods - It's scary to think of all the new foods that I've tried because I married my dream girl. I won't list any. It's pretty embarrassing. I use to be a bit of a picky eater.

11. A Prayer for Owen Meany- One of Alaina's favorite books became one of my favorite books after she recommend it.

12. Super Mom - My wife is a busy busy girl, but she finds time to be the perfect mom for Breslin, Dharia, and AJ.

13. S-10 - Our very first birthday as a dating couple Alaina received a 1995 S-10 pick up  truck for her 18th birthday. We still have that old truck. In fact, I drove it to work today.

This was fun. I love my wife. I feel so lucky to spend my life with her.

Lord, thank you for Alaina. May her birthday be filled with joy and happiness.

Comments

Barb said…
Love it Colby!! She is wonderful!
Happy birthday Al! Hope you have a great one :)
Joyce said…
How wonderful for both of you.
Have a wonderful day.

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!