Day 601 -- Disney Night at Cascades Falls

We took the kids to the Cascades Falls tonight to enjoy Disney night.  This included a band playing popular Disney tunes and a parade of somewhat creepy Disney characters that the kids could hug or stand with for a picture.

If you know me at all, you know that I absolutely adore the Falls.  If I could, I'd go every night in the summer.  Colby and I have an extensive history there, too.  The architecture, the water, the music, the lights--I find it all terribly romantic. 

I resigned myself to a very un-romantic evening, but was looking forward to it, nonetheless, especially given my kids' reactions to the announcement we were attending "A Disney Party". 

When Dharia and Breslin heard that we were going to see the Disney characters, they flipped out.  I mean full out sprinting from one end of the house to another.  They were most excited to see Mickey and Minnie, but I told them that I wasn't sure if they were actually going to be there. 

You should have seen their little faces just beam when they saw Minnie and Mickey walk out into the crowd:


Of course, Winnie-the-Pooh was a hit as well, at least for the older two.  For as pumped up as she was to see Pooh from afar, AJ wasn't too sure about him when he got closer.  She buried her head in my shoulder and refused to look at him.

My favorite part of the whole evening was when the girls took off for the playground with Colby.  Breslin, however, was having so much fun at the Falls, that not even a giant, rarely-visited playground could tear him away.  The two of us danced to every Disney song they played.  He even kissed my cheek every time they said "Kiss the girl!" in the song from The Little Mermaid of the same name.  Breslin held my hand as we climbed all the way up to the top of the Falls and back down again as he counted steps, pillars, and fountains.  I couldn't help but think that my singing, dancing, sweet boy is a budding romantic and will make some lucky girl very happy someday.  It is rare that I get to spend any kind of time one-on-one with Breslin, so I was very thankful to be able to soak up every one of these rare, perfect moments.

Thank God for Disney Night at the Cascades Falls!

Lord, thank you for fun nights together as a family and moments you give me that help me know my kids better.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!