Dayt 629-- Best Friends

My girls are best friends.  I see it every day, really.  Today, however, I have been especially struck by how much AJ looks up to her big sister, and how much Dharia looks out for her little sister.

On the way into daycare this morning, AJ was crying uncontrollably because she wanted some fruit snacks, and there weren't any more in the car.  When we got inside, Dharia talked to AJ sweetly, then went into the other room.  When she came back, she had taken the applesauce out of her lunch that was packed and walked it over to AJ.  AJ was so happy, she instantly stopped crying and was happy again.  I don't know if Dharia somehow understood AJ saying she wanted applesauce, or if she just knew it would be an acceptable substitute; I was pretty astounded by the exchange, to be honest. 

A similar thing happened tonight when AJ bonked her head pretty good on the counter.  I was holding her as she cried, and several minutes later, Dharia came over concerned.  As I rocked her, Dharia talked in a soothing voice to her little sister.  Within 30 seconds, Dharia had her sister giggling and ready to go play again.

I am so thankful that my girls are so close.  I hope that it's something they can share for the rest of their lives, but for now, I'm grateful that their relationship demonstrates genuine love.
Thank God for best friends!

Lord, thank you for my girls, who are best friends.  Please bless their relationship and help it to last so that they can make life better for each other for many years to come.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!