Day 649 -- Beautiful Moment

I love living in Michigan in the fall.  It's my favorite season.

This afternoon, I was running around like a crazy person.  I had tons of students in my room after school needing one thing or another, I had to pick up and drop off my own children in various locations, and I had to organize/execute/coach a home cross-country meet.  Yeesh. 

On my way to drop off AJ and Dharia at Grandma Sharp's house, I honestly thought my head was going to explode. My thoughts were spinning around in a whirling, demanding, incessant to-do list.

I looked up and saw a massive tree with brilliantly red leaves, shimmering in the afternoon light.  Despite all of the bustle and busy-ness around me, God's unsurpassed artistry was enough to clear my head and leave me awestruck.  I literally had to catch my breath.  It was so beautiful.

I'm not going to pretend that I don't wish I had more time to enjoy the things I love most about fall: the clear, crisp mornings, leaves rustling underfoot on a woodsy path, listening to the marching band at a chilly football game, the fading light of a golden afternoon.  Donuts.  Cider.  Pumpkins. 

But, I do know that even when I thought I had zero minutes today to enjoy fall, God somehow found a way to squeeze it in.  It was amazing that just those couple of seconds were enough to bolster me up for the rest of the evening.  I took a deep breath and felt more ready to face whatever it was I was going to face -- all because of that fiery red tree.

Thank God for a beautiful moment!

Lord, thank you for your beauty and creativity.  Thank you for revealing it to me tonight.  Thank you for fall and for all the things that come with it.  Thank you for showing me you're thinking about me even on the busiest days.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!